Thursday, September 27, 2012

VBT: Author Chris Karlsen





Journey in Time
by Chris Karlsen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BLURB:

TRAPPED IN TIME

London attorney, Shakira Constantine, finally agrees to spend the day with her handsome client, Alex Lancaster. While riding in the countryside, the couple finds themselves caught in a time warp and transported back to the 14th century, and an England preparing for war. Everyone believes Alex is the Baron Guy Guiscard...a baron who died in the upcoming battle.

If they can’t discover a way to return to the 21st century, Alex will have to sail with the army to certain death. Shakira will be left alone to survive in the alien and terrifying medieval world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Excerpt:

Nothing made sense. Whether it was a crazy university project, a period movie, or re-enactors too into their roles, she didn’t care. This was not the weekend she envisioned. She wanted to leave. The atmosphere, the people, and the looks they gave her made her uneasy. She didn’t know what was going on with Alex. Why did he know everyone? Why had his manner suddenly grown so stiff and imperious? What about this place made it so dangerous for them?

She had enough.

Alex must’ve sensed her anxiety. He interrupted his conversation and was at her side in a matter of seconds.

 “I’ll help you dismount.” He took the reins from her firm grip and lifted her down to the ground. “Come.” He offered his arm and tucked her hand in the crook of his elbow.

 “No.” Shakira refused to move. “I want to go home.”

He looked ill, green around the gills, like he was seasick.

“You can’t.”



 AUTHOR Bio and Links:

I was born and raised in Chicago. My father was a history professor and my mother was, and is, a voracious reader. I grew up with a love of history and books.

My parents also love traveling, a passion they passed onto me. I wanted to see the places I read about, see the land and monuments from the time periods that fascinated me. I’ve had the good fortune to travel extensively throughout Europe, the Near East, and North Africa.

I am a retired police detective. I spent twenty-five years in law enforcement with two different agencies. My desire to write came in my early teens. After I retired, I decided to pursue that dream.

I currently live in the Pacific Northwest with my husband, four rescue dogs and a rescue horse. 


Links:
Website  ~  Facebook  ~  Pinterest  


11 comments:

Mary Preston said...

I wouldn't mind visiting the 14th century, but I would not want to be trapped there. Fabulous!!

marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Shea McMaster said...

Hi Marybelle! Good to see you here again. No, getting trapped in the 14th century wouldn't thrill me. I'd probably be a serf which would be more of a bummer. Still, I'm far too fond of hot water and central heating!

Thanks for stopping by :)

Chris Karlsen said...

HI Shea,
Thank you for hosting me today.

I agree, I'd miss hot water and indoor plumbing. I'm afraid I'd also be in the same boat as you and wind up a serf to some creepy nobleman.
Chris Karlsen

Chris Karlsen said...

Hi Marybelle,
Thank you for talking with me today. It was fun to "visit" the 14 century through Shakira's experiences. I don't think I'd fare well getting stuck there, which was Shakira's fear too.
Chris K.

MomJane said...

I love, love, love this story. I am having fun following your tour. Hope you keep on writing this genre, I love them.

Chris Karlsen said...

Hi MomJane,
Thank you!! What a nice compliment regarding my story and thank you for following me on tour.

I am in the midst of another time travel. It's book 3 in this series but it won't be out until early next year. It's called Knight Blindness.

Time travel is such an interesting concept to me. I like reading them and am having fun writing them.
Chris

Unknown said...

Stuck in the 14th century? Ewwww!
No way. Maybe a three day vacation then come back home. lol.

I do love to read time travel stories though, and Chris, yours sounds like a goody. Yes! On my TBB list.

Chris Karlsen said...

Hi Lorrie,
Thank you for talking with me again.

Part of me would love to meet some of the famous people from the period, like Edward of Woodstock, the Black Prince. Or, Thomas Malory, the author of Le Morte D'Arthur, altough he's actually early 1400's.

That said, I wouldn't want to linger too long there. Sooner or later, I fear I get accused of witchcraft and wind up burned at the stake.
Chris

Chris Karlsen said...

I want to say thank you to Shea again. I've enjoyed the time interacting with everyone.

Thank you to all the commenters. I appreciate you took the time to stop and comment.
Chris

Shea McMaster said...

You're welcome Chris. I was happy to do it. Wishing you success with your book!

Shea

Chris Karlsen said...

Hi Shea,

Please contact me at: chriskarlsenwriter@gmail.com. regarding the winner of my giveaway.
Thank you,
Chris