I generally double this recipe.
Curried Beef with Onion
- 1/2 lb beef, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar (Optional I did not use it)
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 cup water (oops, forgot the water and the salt this time)
- 2 onions, cut into strips (I use sweet onions)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Marinate beef in soy sauce, curry, sesame oil, cornstarch and sugar a minimum of 30 minutes. An hour or more is better
- Heat 2 Tblsp. oil in frying pan until hot.
- Add onions; stir-fry until light brown; remove from pan; set aside.
- Heat 2 more Tblsp. oil in frying pan until hot.
- Stir-fry meat mixture for 3 minutes.
- Add onions and water.
- Stir-fry 2 minutes more.
- Serve hot. I prefer to serve over rice.
|Curried Beef with Onion on the stove top. Tastes even better than it looks!|