Sunday, July 01, 2012

Yummy in the Tummy

Because I want to preserve this recipe, I'm posting it here. I found this recipe here, but it's very, very close to my memory of one my mom has made for years. And this way I get to post a picture that Pinterest will take for pinning. Another level of storage!


I generally double this recipe.


Curried Beef with Onion

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 lb beef, thinly sliced
  • 1 teaspoon curry powder
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 1 teaspoon sugar (Optional I did not use it)
  • 4 tablespoons oil
  • 1/4 cup water (oops, forgot the water and the salt this time)
  • 2 onions, cut into strips (I use sweet onions)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
Directions:
  1. Marinate beef in soy sauce, curry, sesame oil, cornstarch and sugar a minimum of 30 minutes. An hour or more is better
  2. Heat 2 Tblsp. oil in frying pan until hot.
  3. Add onions; stir-fry until light brown; remove from pan; set aside.
  4. Heat 2 more Tblsp. oil in frying pan until hot.
  5. Stir-fry meat mixture for 3 minutes.
  6. Add onions and water.
  7. Stir-fry 2 minutes more.
  8. Serve hot. I prefer to serve over rice.

Curried Beef with Onion on the stove top. Tastes even better than it looks!

No comments: